Thursday, December 12, 2013

Cabin Fever

So last week I informed my hubby that when we retire we are going to sell our house and buy a cabin. 

He looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears....major brownie points if you know what movie that's from. 

Apparently after 10+ years together we can still surprise each other. 

Back in August I mentioned  that my Aunt and Uncle had a weekend place on a ranch, one of my most favorite places. I've noticed that the older I get (and the crazier the world gets) the more I just want to move away from it all. 

Have a tiny little cabin, grow my own food, hike, fish, BE OUTSIDE. 



"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor-such is my idea of happiness"

-Leo Tolstoy, Family Happiness


Ah, someday.

Until then, here is some cabin inspiration to get me by....






















All images via my Pinterest

No comments: