Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I'm back!








Wow, the last month really got away from me!

I needed a little break though.

Here's what happened while I was gone:

Winter came! We had record setting sub-zero temps here in Montana for almost a full week along with a few winter storm watches. Last Saturday it dropped to -33 the wind chill was almost -50!! We still have about 8 inches of snow but man 35 degrees feels like tropical weather after -50! Hoping we have a White Christmas!

Jude starting reading a few weeks ago-makes my Mommy/teacher heart so happy!!

Our bedroom was finished....horrible photos, again, I know :(  Camera suggestions under $600-ish?!!?

I started running a few months ago. I've never been a runner per se but I really enjoy it, although I'm not very good. My cousin and a friend and I signed up for a Run or Dye 5K...date to be set in 2014. I set a goal for myself last month to get a 12 minute mile by February, (6 months ago I was walking a 20 minute mile and I'd been able to whittle it down to 14-15 min.) the day before Thanksgiving I ran a 12:06 mile! :)
I then took 10 days off and nearly died yesterday getting back into it but I pushed through and did 3 miles in 44 minutes!

I was asked to help out with some design work at a local retirement home. There is no budget so it's mostly working with what they have and just rearranging. I'm excited about this project though because it's such a great way to give back to the community (I'm donating my time).....more on that later though.

I'm DONE with my Christmas shopping. I'm usually getting things the day before so this is big progress for me! As far as gifts for our boys we do...
-something you want
-something you need
-something to wear
-something to read

I read about this idea here two years ago.....love it!


Hope you've all been well....glad to be back!

PS- Our bathroom remodel is on Apartment Therapy!!!!



3 comments:

Jennifer Laura said...

Love the room katie, so good!!!

Katie Waddell said...

Thank you!

Leah said...

the room looks so pretty! the art wall (you are great at those) and the paint color really draw you in. congrats on the exercise routine!i'm working on mine too.