Thursday, June 9, 2011

Moving Day and some randomness

Well, moving day is upon us! We spent our last night in our house and now it's time to pack it all up. It is definitely bittersweet! We are excited to move into our new bigger house but we will miss our old one! We have lived here for five years, The Man and I bought this house as (somewhat) newlyweds. We'd been married for a year and a half. We brought both of our boys home from the hospital here. We have so many great memories here!! As excited as I am to move, there are things I will miss:
Original (1890) door hardware.....so pretty!
 Our upstairs (almost) floor to ceiling windows. So much natural light!!
 Really cool old heat registers.
There are so many other things but I can't get to them, because our house looks like this right now:
This is the dining room, believe it or not. Looking from the living room
 From the kitchen
 Our beautiful bay windows can hardly be seen and just for scale purposes-these ceilings are 10 feet tall! I told The Man it's like an episode of Hoarders! Almost makes me hyperventilate to tell you the truth.

Uhaul here we come!

Before I packed up everything last week I got a shot of all the fabrics for Phins room.
I may not use the yellow cane fabric because I have an ivory and orange dhurrie rug that may go in the room. Still haven't decided.
 Chevron fabric will be pillows or changing pad cover, the middle will be new upholstery for my Grandparents rocker, plaid will be a pillow or maybe a valance.
 Heather Ross fabric, the Owl and the Pussycat in Aqua, will be the crib sheet.
 Close up of the rocking chair upholstery, it's has the best texture!!
Also here is the fabric for the Dining room drapes. Horizontal gray and ivory stripes!
Drapery will be similar to this (from TradHome)
Also I'm so excited about some new furniture we were........wait for it.......GIVEN!!! Our extremely generous neighbors GAVE us this buffet and hutch!!!!!!



I need to fix the bottom drawer on the hutch but these pieces are beautiful!! They will both be going in our new home office. That hutch will be perfect for storing all my fabric...it's too pretty to put in a drawer! ;)
So a big shout out and THANK YOU to our neighbors C & T (and gang)!!!

Speaking of fabric, here is my stash:
Yes, those are stacked. I think there is 11 bolts there.

 And a few more
And this is only what is on the bolt....I have lots of yardage elsewhere!! Now to pack it all up! I'll be MIA for a few days as we aren't moving into the new house until the 19th. My parents just have my brother move out (he and his new wife moved to WA on Tues. : ( Mikey and Jenn-if you're reading we miss you!!!) and then they get the four of us for a week. Poor Mom and Dad! ; )   I'll be checking in periodically and will post pics of the new house after we close! Thank you Lord for the blessing of a new house!!!!!

No comments: