Saturday, April 16, 2011

Quiet Time




When I was younger my *parents made me memorize Ephesians 4:29 "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
 What a humbling verse! 
No unwholesome talk? Only things that are helpful and build others up-according to their needs and not mine? Only things that are beneficial to those who are listening? 
I should probably never speak again!  
Only by His grace has this verse been kept firmly planted in my mind over the years because I definitely need it on a daily basis!

Psalm 19:14
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
   be pleasing in your sight,
   LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. 





*I am so thankful for my parents and how they raised me! I only hope that I can do the same with our children.  And yes, I will definitely have our kids memorize this verse! :)

No comments: