Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Living Room Evolution

Well, I've held off as long as I can in showing you our living room....it's not finished, nor will it ever be. If you know me at all I'm always moving furniture and painting something. It's like therapy.

Anyway, I've been promising some pictures for about two months now...sorry. Life with two little boys while growing another one inside me is kind of crazy!

This what the living room used to look like...........

(Sorry for the poor picture quality!)




I repainted about 5 months ago after we discovered the finish on the existing paint would not work. It was marked as satin but covered like flat....flat paint and young children are not a good mix! I chose a pale gray and repainted the living, dining room and hallway. Moved in the refinished china cabinet and made some pillows in pretty pastel shades.





After about two weeks the pastels got to be a little too much for me. So, onto plan B (have I told you how much I LOVE my hubby?). We sold the china cabinet, brought up an antique dresser from the basement and I painted it black. I also painted the outside of the light fixture black. I moved around the art and the pillows and here's what we have now.......









 I'm sure it will be rearranged again but for now this set up works really well with the kids. They have the ottoman and tv cabinet for storage, plus the basket in the corner. The room is more open now and much easier to clean at the end of the day. There's also plenty of room for the mountains of baby things that will be taking over soon.

We still plan on ripping out the carpet sometime this summer but we're waiting on baby first. ;)

Speaking of which I have an appointment this afternoon, can't wait!!


2 comments:

Erin said...

Looks good!

I have I told you lately how much I envy your sewing skills?

Katie Waddell said...

Thanks....they're pretty basic, like from 8th grade Home Ec and whatever my Mom taught me. They get the job done though!! ;)