Friday, June 24, 2011

Dandy Chandy-Before and After

Right after we closed on our new house last Friday, The Man and I hit up some garage sales.(We weren't moving in until Sunday am-believe me if we had taken possession at closing I would not be out at garage sales!) I LOVE thrifting and garage sales....shocker I know! The Man and I had never gone together before!  It was really weird that I'd never gone with him, especially since we've been together for 8 years now and my Mom and I go almost every Saturday during the summer. Anyway, we had so much fun and found some great stuff!

I got this brass chandelier for $15, it was in perfect condition!

 I used Valspar Premium Enamel Spray Paint in Mint (Satin finish) and because I wanted a lacquered look I also used a clear High Gloss finish coat. I almost went with Coral but decided on the Mint since it will hang in the hallway, open to the dining/kitchen/living room. The Coral was so pretty though I may have to use it on the chandy in our office.
The first thing I did was remove the bulbs, the white sleeves and then used painters tape to cover the sockets. I cleaned it really well and then started spraying.


The color is really off in these photos, it isn't white or cream but a really pale mint. It is actually the EXACT color of Jen's nail polish below! Nice manicure Jen!!! ;)



Anyway, I had to do 3 really light coats, when it had dried I did two coats with the clear high gloss. I also swapped out the bulbs to modernize/freshen it up. Here it is waiting to be hung.
 And here it is after my Dad hung it for me. Lights on.....
 Lights off. I need to find a different ceiling cap because the one it came with isn't deep enough, but for now at least it is hung and we have light in the dark hallway.
 Here you can actually see the true color. I have to say I am LOVING how it turned out!!!

One more time just for fun.....Before:
                                                               And After:


This post was linked up here!

 



No comments: