Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day and semi custom drapery

Happy Memorial Day! 
Today we remember those who have sacrificed their lives so that we may live ours in peace. 
I am so very thankful for their service!

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down
his life for his friends. -John 15:13

I hope you are all having a wonderful long weekend spent outside in beautiful weather!
 We had a huge rain storm last night and more are on the way today. 
So much for getting some much needed yard work done this morning! On the bright side the hubs and I are headed out for dinner and a movie tonight. Hooray for date night!!!
After the week we've had that statement DOES warrant three exclamation points.

Anyway I have so much to catch you guys up on, garage sale finds, client work, oh and five free brass Cesca chairs!!.....but it will have to wait until next week because I have a coffee table to finish up for a client today.

Until next time, I'll leave you with these pearls of wisdom:

One of my favorite design tricks is to add trim to the leading edge of store bought drapery panels. You get a beautiful custom look without the custom price. 

My absolute favorite resource for ribbon trim is The Designer's Shop on ebay. I've ordered from them quite a few times, their trims are beautiful and the prices are phenomenal! 

Here are just a few different looks using trim from The Designer's Shop and some inexpensive curtain panels (Ikea, World Market, Urban Outfitters, Crate and Barrel.)


custom1

custom3

custom4

custom2

custom5

custom6




* I was not compensated for this post, I just like to share my resources with my readers  :)

Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Leah said...

awesome trim! thank ou for sharing this source. I love the way trim looks on drapery!