Saturday, September 8, 2012

Vintage couch before and after OR Proof of my MAD skills



I got this sweet little number off Craigslist for my birthday......for only $125! 

All down filled cushions and beautiful lines.




The upholstery was in pristine condition, but unfortunately was not my cup of tea in the color department.




It just so happened that I had 13 yards of upholstery fabric laying around and endless amounts of time on my hands......ha! No, I just have a great husband who entertains our kiddos while I do things like this.




Twelve hours of painting, stapling and sewing later.................



I decided to do without the tufting and I LOVE how it turned out!!



















I'm also loving the addition of my vintage light fixture!








.

7 comments:

Leah said...

incredible job! it looks fantastic and I love the fabric. care to share the fabric source? I have taken a few upholstery classes so I know it isn't easy! you are so talented!

Katie Waddell said...

Thank you so much Leah! I ordered the fabric through fabricguru.com over a year ago so they don't have the same one anymore (I don't even know who makes it.) but they have a similar one: http://www.fabricguru.com/p-merrimac/turnstone-chenille-upholstery-fabric-linen

Erin said...

Wow! I am impressed. I wouldn't have had the patience! You did an awesome job. :)

Katie Waddell said...

Thank you!!

Nat said...

Wow gorgeous!! You do have mad skills!!

Katie Waddell said...

Thank you Nat!!!

Tobe | BIA said...

oh my gosh, i loooove it!! and that light fixture - WOWZA!