Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New hardware

Pretty soon I'll be starting on Isaac's nursery and since I am going to be repainting the dresser (vintage Thomasville) I wanted to get some new hardware for it as well. I decided to see if I could find some vintage hardware on ebay, however since I need 13 drawer pulls it was hard to come by. I really recommend checking it out though if you only need a few pieces for a smaller piece of furniture, there was some really great stuff!

In the end I decided to go with these art deco pulls, still from ebay but they are new not vintage.



I got 25 knobs for under $25.....you can't beat that! Since I only need 13 for the dresser I have plenty left over for some side projects.

Here they are on the dresser, which hasn't been painted yet-I just wanted to see how they looked.



Love it!!


And while I'm at it, here is what his nursery looks like since I've never posted photos. Beware....it's become a storage room since Phin moved out of it!

 (the dresser has feet that I need to put back on it so it won't look so low when it's all done)



Yikes........I have my work cut out for me!

No comments: