Monday, December 26, 2011

Jude and Phin's Room

Hope you all had a great Christmas, we really enjoyed our time with our families, especially my brother and his wife who are here from WA!


When we moved into our house in June I didn't have plans to put both boys in the same room for awhile. Fast forward to October, we found out that baby # 3 was on the way. Needless to say, Phin will be moving into Jude's room sooner than I planned (he's only 18 months old right now), probably in February or March.


Jude has always had two twin beds in his room but they need a lot of work! I'm going to make/upholster two headboards and make the duvet covers for both beds.


I've been trying to decide what kind of a pattern I want to use on the nail head trim. The headboards will be plain square shaped, here are a few options for the nail head trim.







Source: bhg.com via Katie on Pinterest



I'd love to try something like this with some grosgrain ribbon.




Abstract criss cross?




I'm leaning more toward the first option and the grosgrain ribbon one. Which one is your favorite?



Here was the original moodboard I made up for his room before we moved.

J's Room

Quite a bit has changed from this original plan.

-Because of the small space I wasn't able to use a dresser in between the beds, I have a little TV table there right now that works out great. Eventually I'd like to find a small dresser that would fit but none of our existing ones will. Because of space issues I also wasn't able to include his table and chairs.

-Instead of a lantern type fixture I have a Moroccan one to install! So cool!!!

-I also changed the paint color from gray to a very pale blue and added some color with a red lamp instead of black.

-I'd still like to use some chalkboard paint somewhere in his room, originally I wanted to paint his closet doors with it but we have those shutter type doors not flat panel ones.

-I ended up using short length curtains because of the window/bed placement.....here's how they turned out (this was before I painted).



I'm hoping to be able to get the headboards done in the next week, fingers crossed!




No comments: