Friday, August 12, 2011

The not so big 2-6

Wednesday was my birthday.

Want to know what I did?

First I'll show you what I didn't do, unfortunately; although I did have a great day. ;)

I did not don a gorgeous LBD.....

and super sparkly high heels......

 for a swanky champagne bash.......

with lots of yummy hors d' oeuvre's.....

 including some of these (YUM!!!)......





Just to be clear... this would've been fun, however I totally HATE being the center of attention (I was SO nervous walking down the aisle when "The Man" and I got married because everyone was looking at me!!) and I'm pretty sure I couldn't walk in heels that high! ; )

So what I really did was this: My Aunt and three cousins are visiting from San Francisco and Tuesday we decided to take a last minute road trip. We went to Fairmont hot springs resort in Anaconda, MT (about 2 1/2 hours from Great Falls.).


Swimming + mini-golf + a petting zoo + a waterslide + perfect weather + 2 adults and 5 kids, ages 10 and under = Lots and lots of fun (and not a lot of sleep!)

We had a blast and I had possibly the best meal of my life...(so far!)

CEDAR PLANKED VEGETABLES AND QUINOA Seasonal fresh vegetables, small batch olive oil, golden balsamic reduction, roasted on a cedar plank with warm Maytag bleu cheese, lavender and fennel pollen. Served with toasted quinoa and rosemary.
It was UH-MA-ZING!!!!!!!

Then back to Great Falls for some cheesecake with friends and family (minus the singing of course.....we already went over my aversion to attention.).


I turned 26.

In four years I'll be thirty.



I'm still not sure how I feel about this.


No comments: